Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
A person is eligible for this programme if they:
1) Live in Edinburgh under the postcodes: EH1 to EH17 and EH28 to EH30 and are unemployed or on a low income.
2) Want to move into education, training or employment that is related to IT or data.
3) Belong to at least one of the groups listed below:
- Have a disability or a learning difficulty such as dyslexia and ADHD.
- Are a women.
- An Armed Forces veteran.
- From a minority ethnic background.
Additionally, the right to work in the UK is required to be able to participate in the programme.
Access Data supports participants in gaining or improving knowledge and skills related to the worlds of IT & data, preparing them for the demands of the contemporary job market. The project is made both for those with no previous interest in data, as well as those who already possess some knowledge and skills. Access Data aims to help clients to overcome any challenges they might be facing to move into employment or progress in their current job.
The programme offers one-to-one casework support so that participants can establish a positive, consistent relationship with one worker. Participants work through personal development action plans with their caseworkers. Progress is regularly reviewed to ensure that they are getting the maximum benefit. All support and training are delivered in a safe and supportive environment.
With Access to industry participants can:
- Gain or improve digital & data skills.
- Acquire other skills essential to gain desired employment.
- Get access to volunteering opportunities.
- Improve chances for employment or in-work progression in various sectors.
- Train or re-train for jobs in the data sector.
Access to industry’s current offer:
- 1:1 tailored support on every step of the way, including help with any challenges the participant might face.
- A range of IT/Data courses delivered by Edinburgh College lecturers.
- Support into and during other suitable courses.
- Data Taster Sessions: a chance to explore the world of IT & data presented in plain English and through real-life examples.
- Volunteering opportunities with St. Cecilia’s Hall & the University of Edinburgh.
- Employability Skills Training.
Access Data is not time limited, as we understand that our participants might face complex challenges and we work around their changing needs.
This programme is delivered in a blended model – face-to-face and remotely (via phone and online sessions through Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, or other platforms preferred by individual participants). These courses are delivered at Access to Industry’s Community College based at 156 Cowgate in Edinburgh.
How do I access this?
- Self referral
- Referral by third party
- Service is appointment only
Is there a cost?
- Wheelchair access
|Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|