Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
- Women, all members of the trans community, non-binary people and young people aged 12-18 years old in Edinburgh who have experienced sexual violence at any time in their lives.
Who provides this?
- Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre
Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre offers specialist trauma-informed support to women, all members of the trans community, non-binary people and young people aged 12 – 18 who have experienced any form of sexual violence at any time in their lives. This includes rape, sexual assault, sexual abuse, child sexual abuse and commercial sexual exploitation.
Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre offers free and confidential information and support. Services include:
- One-to-one support (face-to-face, video or by phone)
- group support
- crisis support if you have experienced sexual assault within the last 7 days
- alcohol counselling
- support for family, friends and partners
- SIA Project for survivors from BME communities
The centre is staffed entirely by self-identifying women workers who are trained to a high standard and share the view that gender-based violence is an abuse of power and should not happen.
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
- Service is appointment only
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Wheelchair access
- Public parking available
- Translation service available
|Monday||9.00 am – 7.00 pm|
|Tuesday||9.00 am – 7.00 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am – 7.00 pm|
|Thursday||9.00 am – 7.00 pm|
|Friday||9.00 am – 7.00 pm|