Availability : South West
Who is this for?
- People aged 16 years old and over who are affected by a cancer or long-term condition
Westerhaven offers a wide range of specialist support services to those affected by cancer and long-term conditions such as Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and and heart failure.
The Health Agency also provides a service to relatives, carers, and friends of anyone who has received a diagnosis and who may need some support. This includes the bereaved due to cancer.
Sessions can take place face-to-face, online, or by phone.
The services includes:
- confidential and safe space to talk to our cancer support nurses about the emotional and practical impact of your diagnosis or that of a family member’s diagnosis
- specialist information and support to help understand your diagnosis and what support you can access.
- counselling (including bereavement counselling), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), and Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)
- referral to physical activity coordinator and gentle exercise classes such as yoga & chair exercise
- a group work programme, including courses on mindfulness, pain management and anxiety management
- referral to specialist welfare benefits and money advice
- access to complementary therapies, including specialist massage
- access to volunteer dietitian and nutritionist support, including a lunch club
How do I access this?
- Self referral
- Referral by third party
Is there a cost?
Free but donations are welcomed.
- On-street parking available
- Wheelchair access
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|