Availability : South West
Who is this for?
- People aged 16 years old and over who are affected by a cancer or long-term condition
Who provides this?
- The Health Agency
Westerhaven offers a wide range of specialist support services to those affected by cancer and long-term conditions such as Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and long COVID-19.
The Health Agency also provides a service to relatives, carers, and friends of anyone who has received a diagnosis and who may need some support. This includes the bereaved due to cancer.
Sessions can take place face-to-face, online, or by phone.
The services includes:
- confidential and safe space to talk to our cancer support nurses about the emotional and practical impact of your diagnosis or that of a family member’s diagnosis
- specialist information and support to help understand your diagnosis and what support you can access.
- counselling (including bereavement counselling), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), and Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)
- group yoga therapy and gentle exercise classes
- a group work programme, including courses on mindfulness, and anxiety management
- referral to specialist welfare benefits and money advice
- access to complementary therapies, including specialist massage
- specialist play therapy for children who have a relative affected by cancer
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
Is there a cost?
Free but donations are welcomed.
Is there a waiting list?
- On-street parking available
- Wheelchair access
|Tuesday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Thursday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|