Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
- Women, all members of the trans community and non-binary people, from black and minority ethnic (BME) communities aged 16 and over, who have had any form of unwanted sexual experience.
The Still I Am Project (SIA) offers a confidential emotional and counselling support is you have experiences where there was something done to you without your consent, made you feel uncomfortable or confused and any kind pressure. They can be verbal, emotional or physical in nature and can have occurred recently or many years ago. They can also be one-off or be ongoing. These experiences can be traumatic and can have an impact on both mind and body.
- an initial appointment when you first get in contact.
- up to 25 sessions with a dedicated worker.
- email support
- crisis appointments if you need an urgent appointment because your traumatic experience is within the last 7 days.
- SIA support workers can provide support in Arabic, Mandarin, Polish and Urdu. If we do not speak your language, we can arrange for an interpreter.
How do I access this?
- Self referral
- Referral by third party
- Service is appointment only
Is there a cost?
- Wheelchair access
- Public parking available
- Translation service available
|Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/ithriveedinburgh.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/mw-space/single-services.php on line 476