Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
- Adults (from 16+) affected by past or present opioid drug use or someone else’s past or present drug use. We are an inclusive service and welcome people of all ethnicities, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds.
Our Counselling & Recovery team offer Individual Counselling, exploring thoughts and feelings on issues relating to their own or someone else’s drug use. Counsellors will work with clients on issues such as: Depression, Self-worth, Bereavement/Loss, Relationships, Anxiety, Anger, Addiction, Stress, Low self-confidence & self-esteem, Abuse (emotional, sexual, physical). Counsellors will be working within a trauma framework, considering trauma symptoms, and learning skills to cope with these.
In addition to individual counselling, we also offer:
Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviours (M.T.F.B.) sessions
We offer six one to one 30-minute sessions. We use Cognitive Behavioural tools to help you explore issues and develop skills. Your sessions will be personally tailored to your goals. For example:
- Managing anxiety
- Building confidence
- Modifying thoughts and beliefs
- Relapse prevention
- Identifying changes you want to make and planning for change
- Building non-judgemental awareness of why you do the things you do
- Developing self-compassion in place of self-criticism
- Exercising choice in behaviours and decisions
- Developing healthier coping behaviours
These sessions can be useful in discovering the work you may want to go onto do in counselling.
Simpson House Counselling & Recovery A Life Worth Living Group
Do you struggle with depression or low mood? Do you feel isolated and lonely? Would you like more from your life?
The focus of the group is to help people make a shift from the darkness of despair to the lightness of hope • To reach out to people who are isolated • To play a part in changing perceptions of mental health and addiction problems in society • To make connections with other services to offer more choice to individuals • To help people build up their strengths and interests.
Art Therapy Group
Sometimes it’s hard to talk about feelings. Creating art is a way to explore emotions and experiences. You don’t need to be ‘good at art’ to take part, instead we offer you a space to use materials.
- This group will provide a safe, therapeutic space for:
connection with others with whom you may share experiences
- reducing isolation
- emotional support and nurture
- you as an individual
- you to express yourself through art
How do I access this?
- Self referral
- Referrals from Edinburgh Recovery Hubs
- GP, and other relevant agencies.
Is there a cost?
There are no costs to individuals receiving this service.
- Public parking available (metered)
- Wheelchair access (ramp available)
|Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
Counselling and recovery leaflet
(809.24 KB pdf)