Rights Centre (Citizens Rights Project)

Availability : Edinburgh Wide

Who is this for?

  • European Union/European Economic Area/Swiss citizens, and their family members

Who provides this?

  • Citizens Rights Project


The European Union Citizens’ Rights Service can offer you free online help and advice, on a number of topics.

At present, the service is only offered in Polish and Spanish and it covers the following topics:

  • Housing and homelessness
  • Welfare benefits
  • Employment

The Rights Centre can provide the following support:

  • Assistance in completing application forms for benefits or housing
  • Explaining your rights as an EU citizen to access a public service
  • Advising and helping you in challenging decisions
  • Contacting council or DWP departments on your behalf
  • Raising queries with national consulates in Scotland

*Please note* Advisers are not able to represent you in courts and tribunals, but they can provide you with details of organisations that can help you.

How do I access this?

  • Self-referrals
  • Referrals by third parties

Is there a cost?


Is there a waiting list?


Location information

  • Translation service available
  • Information in community languages

Opening times

Monday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Tuesday9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Wednesday9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Thursday9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Friday9.00 am – 5.00 pm


CRP Referral Form
(31.02 KB vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)

Types of support on offer:

Information and advice
Support on the phone

Type of services on offer:

Black and minority ethnic communities
Long term conditions/disabilities
Older people
Substance use
Survivors of abuse

Share this page

Was this page helpful?

Is all the information correct?

Other Suggested Services

Anxiety Management Course (Health in Mind)

Richmond's Hope

Richmond’s Hope provides support for children and young people aged 4-18 years who have been bereaved.

Rights Centre (Citizens Rights Project)

Support for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens, and their family members, who need support with their EU Settlement Scheme applications and their rights after Brexit.