Availability : Edinburgh Wide
*This service is currently not taking any new referrals.
Who is this for?
- People aged 18 years old and over
Who provides this?
- Health in Mind
This service is for people over 18 who want to improve or manage their mental health and wellbeing by spending time with a peer volunteer that has their own experiences of mental health recovery.
Please note, this service is currently at capacity and so are only able to accept new people for this service via the Thrive Welcome Teams. If you are part of the Thrive Team or would like more information, please contact us using the details below.
This service is for people who:
- are currently are feeling low, stressed, anxious or are generally struggling with their wellbeing and want to learn ways of managing these feelings
- feel isolated or lonely and would like the confidence to reconnect with friends and family, build new relationships or get back into hobbies or interests they enjoy
- are ready to make changes, and are willing to explore ways to improve their mental health and wellbeing
- can meet regularly with a peer volunteer by video/phone calls and in-person at locations, they feel comfortable with (libraries, café’s, community centres)
People accessing the service will be introduced to a peer volunteer who will guide them through tools and techniques to help them make the changes they want to make. Peer volunteers draw on their own experience and training provided by us in order to do this. Support will last for up to six months.
If you want to access the service or want to help someone else access the service, download the introduction form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I access this?
This service can only be accessed through the Thrive Welcome Team
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
Peer Connecting Service Edinburgh - Introduction form - self-referral
(350.89 KB vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
Peer Connecting Service Edinburgh - Introduction form - third part referral
(351.20 KB vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)