Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
Adults with pain and those who care for them, whether family, friends or healthcare professionals.
Pain Concern is a charity providing information and support to people with pain and those who care for them, whether family, friends or healthcare professionals.
Pain Concern offers telephone and email support service to individuals in the UK through our helpline. Our call and email handlers are trained and skilled Helpline volunteers who aim to support and empower callers.
What to expect when you contact Pain Concern:
- An empathetic listener Information about pain and self-management techniques
- Directions to high quality publications and resources
- No medical advice – the helpline does not replace medical services. You can call the helpline anytime on 0300 123 0789 and leave a message, including your phone number, or email any time and a volunteers will respond the next working day.
Pain Concern also hold drop-in sessions at Craigmillar Library on the last Tuesday of each month between 11:00-13:00.
How do I access this?
- Self referral
- Referral by third party
Is there a cost?
Craigmillar Library, 101 Niddrie Mains Road, Edinburgh, EH16 4DS
- Service users can access our online forum 24/7.
- The Helpline is run by a trained team of volunteers, who aim to respond to voicemails and e-mails from service users within 3 working days.