Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
- Workers/volunteers/carers in services for adults over 24 years old.
The IMPACT Project provides free training and resources to workers and volunteers from the Third Sector and the NHS about the adverse effects on mental health of smoking tobacco.
Sessions are currently delivered online through Zoom usually, although can be delivered through Teams also. There is a one hour and two-hour session.
The one-hour session includes:
- the effect of tobacco smoke on mental health medications
- how to approach having a conversation about smoking and mental health
- e-cigarettes (vaping)
- where to get support to quit
The two-hour session included everything the one-hour session has as well as:
• the IMPACT guidance document
• the wider benefits of providing very brief advice about smoking and mental health
• how conversations about smoking and mental health support workplace priorities
Is there a cost?
- During the pandemic restrictions, all training takes place online
- Public parking available;
Between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/ithriveedinburgh.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/mw-space/single-services.php on line 476