Availability : South East
Who is this for?
- People looking to learn more about homebirths
Who provides this?
- Pregnancy and Parents Centre
Home Birth Support Group meets online and is open to everyone who wishes to find out more about homebirth, support those interested in having a homebirth or who wish to tell their homebirth story to support others with the option.
The group has several aims to :
- allow pregnant people and partners to consider homebirth if they have not yet decided where they would like to birth their baby
- provide a group where those planning a home birth may feel supported, and normal
- provide a safe space to explore any questions or concerns; practical, physical or emotional
- welcome parents back to give encouragement to others who want/need it
- share positive stories of birth regardless of the outcome or place of birth
The topics that are regularly discussed in the group include:
- practical issues and what you might need
- how to get support from the maternity services for a home birth
- options for when things don’t go to plan
- role of partners and what they can do to support during a homebirth
- how siblings can be involved
How do I access this?
- Service is appointment only
Please email the Pregnancy and Parents Centre to sign up for this group.
Is there a cost?
Motherspace is a free drop-in group but welcomes donations to cover refreshments and resources used (suggested donation £2).
Is there a waiting list?
- Public parking available
- Wheelchair access
The group is currently being held online due to COVID-19.
First Sunday of the month from 11.00 am – 1.00 pm