Availability : South East
Who is this for?
- People looking to learn more about homebirths
Home Birth Support Group meets online and is open to everyone who wishes to find out more about homebirth, support those interested in having a homebirth or who wish to tell their homebirth story to support others with the option.
The group has several aims to :
- allow pregnant people and partners to consider homebirth if they have not yet decided where they would like to birth their baby
- provide a group where those planning a home birth may feel supported, and normal
- provide a safe space to explore any questions or concerns; practical, physical or emotional
- welcome parents back to give encouragement to others who want/need it
- share positive stories of birth regardless of the outcome or place of birth
The topics that are regularly discussed in the group include:
- practical issues and what you might need
- how to get support from the maternity services for a home birth
- options for when things don’t go to plan
- role of partners and what they can do to support during a homebirth
- how siblings can be involved
How do I access this?
- Self referral
- Service is appointment only
Please email the Pregnancy and Parents Centre to sign up for this group.
Is there a cost?
Motherspace is a free drop-in group but welcomes donations to cover refreshments and resources used (suggested donation £2).
- Public parking available
- Wheelchair access
The group is currently being held online due to COVID-19.
First Sunday of the month from 11.00 am – 1.00 pm
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/ithriveedinburgh.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/mw-space/single-services.php on line 476