Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
For people who have experienced abuse or neglect when they were under the age of 18, in Scotland, within a care setting. This includes:
- living in residential or foster care
- boarding school (either state, private or independent)
- having a long term stay in hospital
- spending time in a Young Offenders’ Institution
As long as you are over 18 now, and the abuse or neglect took place before you were 18, you can register.
It doesn’t matter if:
- the abuse or neglect has been reported to the authorities (such as the police)
- there are current or past criminal or civil proceedings taking place
- you have previously accessed other services
- you are currently receiving benefits
- if you don’t live in Scotland.
Future Pathways supports people who were abused or neglected as children while they were living in care in Scotland. It is supported by funding from the Scottish Government and is managed by an alliance of organisations to oversee the fund and make sure it is reaching as many people as possible.
Future Pathways can:
- support to make life enjoyable
- support you to reach your goals
- help your recovery
- help you to change paths
Examples of support available:
- Activities within your local community
- Psychological trauma support
- Arranging housing and benefit advice
- Access to records
- Work and education
Please see how Future Pathways is working during COVID-19 – www.future-pathways.co.uk/coronavirus-covid-19
How do I access this?
- Self referral
- Referral by third party
Is there a cost?
- Public parking available
|Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/ithriveedinburgh.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/mw-space/single-services.php on line 476