Availability : North West / South West
Who is this for?
- Baby massage is open to parents/carers and most appropriate for babies aged 6 weeks to 6 months.
- Peep groups are open to parents/carers with babies/toddlers up to 1 year old.
- Other opportunities for learning are explored and can take the form of drop-in groups for families with children up to age 5.
Home-Start Edinburgh West and South (HSEW) groups for parents/carers aims to:
- reduce social isolation
- increase connectedness to the community
- improve your relationship with your child
- increase your confidence
- recognise child(ren)’s development/learning and feel better equipped to support it
- recognise the importance of your wellbeing
HSEW groups build on your strengths and offer opportunities to share your experiences and support others in a similar situation. Groups are delivered by trained and supported staff and volunteers.
Baby massage sessions (up to 6) are delivered to new parents to improve confidence and promote positive mental health and attachment.
Parents are then encouraged to join Peep Learning Together Programme (PLT) delivered in 5 themes:
- personal, social and emotional development
- communication and language
- early literacy
- early numeracy
- health and physical development
Sessions also make the best use of national themed weeks and promotional materials such as healthy eating, Bookbug, Digital Awareness, Child Accident Prevention Week and Mental Health Week.
There are also opportunities to join Peep progression pathway sessions (PPP) focusing on a single learning strand with an option of accredited learning.
HSEW are exploring how to deliver antenatal Peep and engage with parents before the baby’s birth.
How do I access this?
- Self referral
- Referral by third party
- Self-referrals (referrals from partnership agencies are prioritised)
- Referrals by third parties (e.g. Health Vistors, Family Nurse Partnership, Social Worker)
Is there a cost?
Group sessions take place in community centres within a variety of localities in the west and southwest of Edinburgh. Please get in touch to find out of we have a group in your area and space availability.
|Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 12:00|
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/ithriveedinburgh.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/mw-space/single-services.php on line 476