Availability : North West / South West
Who is this for?
- Parents/families with at least one child under 5 years old
Who provides this?
- Home-Start Edinburgh West and South
Parents/carers/families will usually be visited once a week at home by a member of staff or trained volunteer. During COVID-19, one-to-one contact is maintained by messaging, telephone or video call when it suits you and opportunities to meet outdoors, face-to-face are continually reviewed.
Family support aims to build on your strengths, increasing your capacity to cope with challenges and work toward your goals. Goals are discussed and agreed through an initial ‘visit’ (currently remote) with one of the Home Start Coordinators who can relate to –
- family relationships
- managing children’s behaviour
- active involvement in children’s learning
- physical activity
- improving mental health
- financial awareness and management skills
- safety awareness
- skills and qualifications development
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
Sessions are being delivered remotely during the COVID-19 lockdown period.
|Monday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Tuesday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Thursday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Friday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|