Edinburgh and Lothian Council on Alcohol

Availability : Edinburgh Wide

Who is this for?

  • People aged 18 years old and over

Who provides this?

  • Edinburgh and Lothian Council on Alcohol (ELCA)


Edinburgh and Lothian Council on Alcohol provides specialist advice, information, one-to-one counselling and support to anyone concerned about their own or someone else’s alcohol use.

ELCA’s main office is closed at the moment due to COVID-19 but the counselling service is still running over the phone and online.

How do I access this?

  • Self-referrals
  • Service is appointment only
  • Referrals from related agencies (social work and employers)

Is there a cost?


Is there a waiting list?


Location information

  • Public parking available
  • Polish speaking counsellor

Contact Details

Meichelle Walker
91 Rose Street, Edinburgh EH2 3DT

Type of support on offer:

Information and advice
Support on the phone


Substance use

Share this page

Was this page helpful

Is all the information correct?

Other Suggested Services

Volunteers Supporting Families (VSF) Edinburgh (Volunteering Matters)

Volunteer support for families facing a range of life challenges.

Progress for Parents (Enable Scotland)

An employability support project for parents and guardians of people with a disability.

Veterans Support (Thistle Foundation)

Support for veterans living with long term health conditions or facing challenging life situations to find ways to better manage and live well.