Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
Unpaid carers (aged 18 years and over) who care for an adult with an eating disorder
Edinburgh Carers Council offers a peer support service for unpaid carers who are looking after a relative or friend with an eating disorder.
Peer support can help you to
- talk about your experiences and work through feelings
- learn coping strategies from someone who has been through similar difficult circumstances
- understand diagnosis
- learn about other services that may be available to support you
- increase your self-esteem and confidence
- feel reassured you are not alone
Peer support can be provided one-to-one or in a group.
One-to-one peer support meetings are with a trained peer support worker or volunteer who has lived experience similar to your own situation. Carers can meet with them on a regular basis for up to 6 months. The peer worker will listen and share their own experiences to help provide emotional and practical support.
Edinburgh Carers Council also facilitates monthly peer support groups for carers.
For more details or to make a referral, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 322 8480.
How do I access this?
- Self referral
- Referral by third party
Service is appointment only
Is there a cost?
- Wheelchair access available around back of the building
- Private parking available
- Public parking available
|Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|