Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
- Children and Young People, age 10-25 who experienced crime (victim or witness of crime), who are based in Edinburgh and Lothians.
The Cairn Service provides person-centred support to any child and Young Person who has experienced any type of crime, whether this was reported or not. We can also assist with reporting (Third Party Reporting service) any crime.
We are located in Central Edinburgh and Young People can also access 6VT Drop-In service as part of the holistic service.
One-one emotional support
We are Youth Workers and can talk to you in the way that bests suits you – in person, via messenger, Zoom, phone or text, if and when you need help, support and reassurance. The sessions are shaped the way you wish, there is no set limit for number of sessions.
The team can advocate on your behalf and will relay all information to you in a way that works for you. The team will ensure you receive all information, and your victim rights are met.
Practical support also includes:
- support to report a crime
- liaising Police Scotland and the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
- court preparation
- help in attending legal and police interviews
- attending court hearings and signposting to other specialist services
6VT Edinburgh City Youth Cafe is an awardee of LGBTYS Silver award, we are LGBTQIA+ friendly space.
How do I access this?
- Self referral
- Referral by third party
You can find the referral form on our website or please contact us directly.
Is there a cost?
- Wheelchair access
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm, referrals can be made out with the opening hours and should be answered within 48 hours.