Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
- Young people aged between 10 to 21 years old and who are victims and/or witnesses of crime
Who provides this?
- 6VT Edinburgh City Youth Cafe
The Cairn service provides support for young victims and witnesses of crime is run by staff and volunteers.
If you or someone you know have been a victim of a crime or witnessed a crime, please get in touch with the Cairn teams. Staff and volunteers can support you through this – you don’t need to go through it alone.
The Cairn service provides
One-one emotional support
The team can talk to you via messenger, Zoom, phone or text if and when you need help, support and reassurance. The sessions are bespoke to the young person’s needs. Support is available through socially distanced face-to-face sessions as well.
The team can advocate on your behalf and will relay all information to you in a way that works for you. The team will ensure you receive all information and your victim rights are met.
Practical support also includes:
- support to report a crime
- liaising Police Scotland and the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
- court preparation
- help in attending legal and police interviews
- attending court hearings and signposting to other specialist services
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
The Cairn team are still taking new referrals during COVID-19. Please contact the Cairn team to discuss potential referrals and/or receive a referral form.
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Wheelchair access
There are no set opening times. Please contact the Cairn team to make an appointment.