Availability : Edinburgh Wide
Who is this for?
- People aged 18 years old and over
The Advice Line for anyone who is deaf to get advice on a range of topics from a trained advisor who is a native British Sign Language and Irish Sign Language user.
These topics include:
- General advice: explaining services, correspondence and forms
- Welfare/benefits: checking benefit eligibility, applying, querying and challenging decisions
- Housing: applying for social housing/homelessness, challenging banding, landlord disputes
- Debt and money advice: prioritising debts, negotiating with creditors, budgeting support
- Employment, education and training: pay dispute, statutory entitlements, dismissal
- Health and social care/independent living: travel concessions, accessibility/aids and adaptations, applying for grants and food vouchers
- Consumer: refunds for services/purchased goods, switching broadband/energy providers
- Personal: family disputes, hate crime
- Specialist legal: referrals for legal. For immigration help, signposting only
Clients will be supported with referrals and/or signposting to other organisations that can provide more specialist support or help with issues outside of our remit.
How do I access this?
- Service is appointment only
Is there a cost?
- Information in community languages
|Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|