Edinburgh citizens needed to help test and develop psychosis research
07 July 2022
A study led by The University of Manchester in six sites around the UK, is working on research to understand how to predict and prevent relapse of psychosis using a digital monitoring platform, which will include a smart phone app.
The study will take place over four and a half years in Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Sussex (Brighton), London, and Cardiff.
Who they are looking for:
- People with experience of psychosis to form group called a Lived Experience Advisory Panel (LEAP). The LEAP will be expected to attend meetings, the majority of which will be online but there will be some travel to face-to-face meetings. The group will meet around five times a year. There will be some tasks in between meetings as well.
- They are also looking for a wider network of people who could be involved on a more ‘as and when’ basis. This ‘Involvement Network’ of people will not be invited to attend meetings but will be asked to respond to occasional email requests for advice. For example, testing the new app, or giving feedback on a summary document.
- Mental health problems and experiences affect everyone, but involvement in research does not always reflect this. Therefore, they are actively seeking applications from Black, Asian and Minority ethnic groups. They would especially like to hear from those who have experienced difficult life experiences (for example: seldom-heard groups and low-income backgrounds).
- They would also like to hear from people who have not had the opportunity to be involved in research before.
Payment and expenses
- A payment of up to £80 will be offered for online meetings (dependant on the length of the meeting).
- A payment of £100 will be offered for in person meetings.
Payment will also be offered for tasks to be undertaken in between meetings or by email.
All reasonable travel expenses for in meetings will be covered. We will also try to help in case anyone does not have suitable computer/phone or data to take part in online meetings.
Some meetings will be held in person. The location of the meetings will vary. Some travel will therefore be needed across the country. We will also consider people who live anywhere in the UK for the wider study ‘Involvement Network’.
How to apply
To apply please complete the following application form:
Please email applications to Alex Kenny: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not able to fill out the application form or if you have any questions, please get in contact with Alex by email or by phoning: 07518 110 129.